June 8, 2020
I hope everyone is doing well. Please email or send a message via Remind if you would like for me to chat with your child(ren) through electronic means. We are all looking forward to re-connecting with each other so a quick check-in to say hi is super easy. Students have enjoyed sharing their gardens, pets, and stuffed animals.
Enjoy your summer!
Conversation starters for family and friends.
Week of May 11th
1. Everyone is afraid sometimes. Share a time when you were very afraid and how you dealt with it.
2. When you are sad, what do you do? Dori in "Finding Nemo" says "just keep swimming". Have you done that? How did it turn out?
3. What is your most favorite subject in school? Why?
4. What is your favorite movie? Who is your favorite actor or actress?
5. What is your favorite food? What is your favorite meal made by your mother? How about your grandmother?
Week of May 4th
1. If you were asked to write a book, what would it be about? What would you name it?
2. Einstein was a genius because he was always curious. What subject are you curious about?
3. What do you think you are good at? Name 3 things.
4. What good works have you done in your life?
5. Go around the table and tell each person what you think their best trait is.
Week of April 27th
1. What is it that you have never done but would like to try? skydiving!
2. What 3 things make you happy? My family, my pet, my toys
3. Share you best holiday memory. Traveling to see family, baking cookies, fireworks
4. Pick a famous person from history. If you could meet them, what questions would you ask? Mrs. Martinez would like to meet MLK and Cesar Chavez and ask them about their families.
5. If you could spend one evening any way you wanted, who would it be with and what would you do?I'm getting to do a lot of fun things with my family!
Week of April 20th
1. Laughter is the best medicine. What makes something funny? Share something that happened recently to make you laugh. Funny jokes, silly things my siblings are doing, my pet made me laugh.
2. What are you most proud of in your life? Good grades, preparing for Stock show, basketball games in PYBL
3. What is your favorite thing about your parents? We are having fun together as a family.
4. What is your least favorite chore to do? What do you enjoy doing? Cleaning house. Not cleaning the house. :)
5. What was the best day of your life? Being born so that I can have all the other best days!
Week of April 13th
1. Friends are people who help you be more of yourself. What are some good ways to be a friend - especially to your siblings? Take turns using devices, say nice words to each other, just listen
2. Can you remember your most embarrassing moment? I won't be posting responses. This is just for families.
3. Define humility. Who do you know who is a humble person? Humility is a modest opinion of one's own importance. My response is the cafeteria staff who is led by Miss Betty! We love you guys for feeding us every day. We all miss your meals so much.
4. This question is for parents. Have you ever asked for advice and then regretted it? I should have followed through with my own ideas.
5. What is your favorite sport? How about your favorite athlete? Football, basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball. Favorite athlete - Aaron Rodgers; okay that was my personal answer.
Week of April 6th
1. What is your most prized possession? Stuffed animals, pets, x-box, cell phones
2. Mrs. Martinez forgot to share the conversation starter during Tuesday announcements! Bummer
3. Have you ever made a mistake? Please share what you learned from that experience. Most common response was that everyone makes mistakes and to do better the next time.
4. When you have a problem who do you turn to for help? Parents, close friends, pets, friends at church
5. Share 1 special quality about each person at the dinner table. So many loving responses!
Week of March 30th
1. Who is your hero and why? Parents are the heroes!
2. Do you recall your first day of school? Please share details about starting Kindergarten, Jr. High, High School, or college. Everyone was nervous.
3. Share one new thing you have learned this week. Too many things to list!
4. What does the word adapt mean? Becoming adjusted to new conditions. All of us are adapting to new school and work schedules.
5. Name 3 favorite things about home. SNACKS!!!!!!!
Students - if you would like to share your responses please email them to email@example.com. I'll keep a journal and share responses (with parent permission) on my web page. No worries, the names of students and of parents will not be posted.